Welcome To Distributed Camp
Distributed Camp is a unique event meant to highlight technologies which are changing the future of the Internet to empower users with new means of creating, hosting, and distributing content.
We wish for this to be an accessible, safe, and fun experience for all participants.
As much as is possible, we want participants to be able to engage in hands-on activities so they can achieve a firm grasp of the current capabilities of each featured project. We also hope that along the way, new groups and connections can be formed as we all explore this experience together.
Some basic community values we wish to impart:
- Treat each other with patience and kindness. If you don’t have something nice to say, it is better to keep it to yourself.
- We’re all participants to the level that we are able.
- Share openly and without expectation, even (and especially) the mistakes.
- Make the improvements you wish to see in the world.
- Learn by doing. Ask for help after trying.
In no particular order, here are a few things we would like to avoid:
- Distributed Camp is not a dating sim. Let’s not make it awkward.
- Distributed Camp is not a zero-sum game. We have room for projects and participants that inhabit similar spaces.
- Distributed Camp is not a pressure cooker. Participate to the level you are able and be comfortable.
Some Final Thoughts
Just to reiterate, Distributed Camp should be an accessible, safe, and fun experience for all participants. If you notice behavior which runs contrary to those goals, please do not hesitate to reach out.
For more details on how to report inappropriate behavior, please see our Code of Conduct